If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, with Uber, Lyft, Via or any other rideshare service, here are a few steps you should take to strengthen your claim:
- Call 911: The first step you should take immediately following a motor vehicle injury is to call the police. The police provide you and those involved with immediate assistance, including the preparation of an accident report which records relevant information to determine liability.
- Record and exchange information: Be sure to exchange contact information with the rideshare driver, and any other driver involved. Remember to record their license ID number, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Take photos and identify any witnesses: Use your cell phone to take pictures of the accident and injuries. It also helps to note any relevant facts or witnesses relating to your accident, including a narration of the events transpired. These images and details are crucial and can help strengthen your claim in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Seek medical attention: If you have sustained injuries in a motor vehicle accident, be sure to receive proper medical care. Have a doctor assess your injuries and track medical reports, expenses, and other relevant documents. Some injuries may not be immediately evident until you are examined by a medical professional. Doing this will help prove that you sustained your injuries during the accident.
- Contact an Uber accident lawyer: Rideshare insurance companies often avoid or delay paying claims. If an insurance company contacts you to discuss the accident and your injuries, do not give them any information until you speak with a Uber accident lawyer; any statements given to the insurance provider may weaken your claim. Our experienced rideshare accident attorneys can provide crucial advice to obtain a higher reimbursement than what insurance companies would do otherwise offer.